Monday 2 November 2009

visiting neighbours

Since there were three of us with both Una and Paul for company, I went to visit a homeless neighbour before we bedded down for the night. I knew that a woman sleeps in an alley near the police station, but tonight another person was there too. She has been there 6 years. They told me of another person in a doorway near y but he was either asleep or didn't want to talk to me, and why should he? Tomorrow I will take them some hot tea.

It was a very quiet night - so quiet that I could hear the regular grinding noise as the revolving poster board opposite changed its unnecessary messages about burgers and cars. But it didn't disturb my sleep. In fact I slept so well that I woke at my usual 4.45 completely refreshed and wanting to get up! As I waited til 7 I watched the sky changing through an array of blues from very dark to pale blue. The darker blues looked amazing above the black roof tops of the chimneyed pub.

Today 6 of us we will be in the Arcade in the morning and the afternoon wearing tee shirts saying Here to Listen and on the back will be the question 'How has migration affected you?' IKEA have lent us a sofa for those who want to sit down.

Another day begins

No comments:

Post a Comment